Saturday, March 4, 2017

Most Anticipated Books of March 2017


OMG, you guys! It's March!
You know what that means, right?
It means: 


1) I'm turning 19! (on March 28). Which is even more horrifying than it sounds. Sorry, biology, but I still look and feel 16 so I have no idea how this is even possible. 

2) It's not just my birthday, it's my blog's birthday too! Exactly 20 days before my 18th birthday, on March 8, 2016, was when I opened Magiverse. Good times, good times (: 

So yeah... for me March isn't just about my most anticipated books. It's so much more. 

But since it's still the very beginning of March, and since I have no idea what I'm going to do for my birthday and blogiversary (should have thought about that sooner), let's just focus on our most anticipate books of March, shall we? ;)




Garden of Thorns by Amber Mitchell
Publication date: March 6, 2017

I found out about this book by browsing through the YA books that are coming out this month on Goodreads. 

I fell in love with this cover and immediately later with the synopsis. There aren't many reviews but most of them are very positive. 

This is a YA fantasy that tells the story of 16-year-old Rose, a girl living in captivity in the garden.
One day, Rose finds a chance to escape. And so she does, taking with her a hostage. Only that hostage turns out to be not just a prince but also a traitor to the throne. Who now leads a rebellion against it.

In a twist of events, the tables are turned on Rose and now she's the prince's captive. And the prince thinks she was sent to sabotage his rebellion.
It's up to Rose to prove the prince all she really wants is for the other captives to be set free. 

Sounds interesting, doesn't it? 


Proof of Lies by Diana Rodriguez Wallach
Publication date: March 7, 2017

Another enchanting cover.
Another Interesting synopsis.

This is a YA mystery about a girl who sets out in search for her missing (presumed dead) sister. And who finds herself in the middle of a whole conspiracy.
At her aid is a black belt and a mysterious bad-boy with an accent (because who doesn't like those?) named Marcus.
Will Anastasia find her sister before it's too late? 

I guess we shall see. 



You're Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner
Publication date: March 7, 2017

Julia, a student at Kingston school for the deaf, was betrayed by her best friend and kicked out of school.
To make things worse, now she must navigate life at her new school as the only deaf student, all the while participating in a graffiti war against a mysterious person she does not know. 

Reading the synopsis, this book really reminds me of a favorite TV show of mine Switched At Birth.
There aren't many books out there with deaf characters, and this girl sounds like a combination of Bay & Daphnee (the two main characters of Swithced at Birth). 



Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner
Publication date: March 7, 2017

I wasn't sure whether to include this book or not.
It has killer ratings (no pun intended), but I tend to avoid books that sound way too much for me to handle.
From the reviews, I can tell this brings out all the tragic feels.

As happy as books can make me, they can get me depressed too.
Which is why I need to be careful of these type of books. 

But anyways... I can never quite resist a book once I'm interested in it.
So... here we are. 

With one simple text message, Carver Briggs believes he's responsible for killing his 3 best friends.
How does a person go on from here?

Funny how people move through this world, leaving little pieces of their story with the people they meet, for them to carry. Makes you wonder what'd happen if all those people put their puzzle pieces together. 


The End of Oz by Danielle Paige
Publication date: March 14, 2017


It's here!
It's FINALLY here!
*happy dance*
*tearing up in excitement*
Oh my god, it's here! 

The fourth - and I don't know if it's the final - book in the Dorothy Must Die series!
It was only last year - at this exact same time - when I read and reviewed Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die #3). 

And now... here comes one of my most anticipated books of 2017!
I CAN'T WAIT.
What a morbid title, though. I really hope it's not the end of Oz. 

For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, this is a twisted fairy tale retelling of The Wizard of Oz

It tells the story of Amy, a modern times Kansas girl who is swept away to Oz by a tornado.
There, she finds out the story of Dorothy actually happened.
But what most people don't know is that after Dorothy got home, she didn't stay there to live the rest of her days in peace. No, sweet Dorothy came back to Oz, turned evil, and sucked all the happiness from the place.
It's up to Amy to... well, kill Dorothy. 

Highly recommended!
You may have heard not so great things about Danielle Page's other books (or this series), but I urge you to pick Dorothy Must Die up.
It's a really fun, quirky and twisted read.
You'll fly through it in no time. 



The Metropolitans by Carol Goodman
Publication date: March 14, 2017

A Middle Grade / Historical Fiction / Fantasy story that takes place during WW2 (the day Japan bombed Pearl Harbor)
Someone said "YES!"? 

4 teens.
Arthurian legend.
Magical powers.
Love, friendship, courage, and betrayal.
Will their fates be the same as those who came before them?

Now this sounds hella cool!
Give it to me please! 



Hunted by Meagan Spooner
Publication date: March 14, 2017

A beauty & the beast retelling.
You know I'm all in for practically any retelling out there. 

The reviews are super positive + Meagan Spooner is another collaborator of Amie Kaufman (who, along with the brilliant Jay Kristoff, wrote the fantastic Illuminae Files trilogy). 

And that's all I really need to know, thank you very much. 

She wept because she did not know what she wanted, and because she wanted everything. 



Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland & Michael Miller
Publication date: March 21, 2017

This is a book I want to read because it sounds so cool and awesome. 

It takes place on a spaceship, there is a prince in hiding, a girl named Qole who's the youngest person ever to command her own ship, and apparently some LGBTQ elements. 

I say: I want to read this! 



The Hidden Memory of Objects by Danielle Mages Amato
Publication date: March 21, 2017

This is a YA fantasy / Historical / mystery about a girl dealing with her brother's untimely death. 

Megan doesn't believe her brother, Tyler, died the way everyone says he did.
Megan sets out to figure out what really happened when all of sudden she discovers a power she didn't know she had: the ability to see the memories attached to objects.
With that power, she doesn't just find out more about her brother... but so much more than that. 



Nemesis by Brendan Reichs
Publication date: March 21, 2017

This one sounds like a really interesting YA thriller.
I'm honestly not sure what genre it is exactly because it sounds like all of them! YA, fantasy, sci-fi, thriller, mystery... 

The story revolves around two teens; there is Min, a girl who - ever since her 8th birthday - was murdered in cold blood every two years. Only to wake up utterly and completely fine hours later, with no evidence whatsoever of the crime. And Noah, a boy plagued by nightmares of murder and death.
There is a conspiracy involving 64 sophomore students.
And then there's an asteroid threatening life on earth. 

This sounds like a book of many elements.
If done right, it could be super interesting to read! 



100 Hours by Rachel Vincent
Publication date: March 28, 2017

YA thriller mystery seems to be the theme of the month.
No complaints here, since they all sound really good. 
Including this one.
Just read the synopsis, you'll want to read it. 

Also, I heard some good things about Rachel Vincent's other books (: 




The Gauntlet by Karuna Riazi
Publication date: March 28, 2017

A steampunk Jumanji with a middle eastern flare?
Say no more!
Have my birthday prayers miraculously come true?
This book even sounds like Jumanji - which is basically my favorite childhood movie ever - and it's coming out on my birthday!

*taking it all in for a minute* 

Seriously, though. Jumanji was one of my most favorite movies EVER when I was a little girl.
Strange choice for favorite movie as a kid, I know, but I always had a love for fantasy and creepy stuff - even as a child ;) 

I simply need to read this book!
Just a while ago I re-watched Jumanji for the first time in years + found out there was going to be a sequel coming out sometime this year.
And now this!
*squeals*



Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
Publication date: March 28, 2017

I'm pretty sure everyone wants to read this one.
Am I right?
Laini Taylor is a very loved and very talented author.
I know because I, as a matter of fact, read Daughter of Smoke & Bone way back in the day when it was translated into my native language.

Strange the Dreamer is her new YA sci-fi fantasy romance trilogy. Which sounds super intriguing and super unique. 

And it's also coming out on my birthday so YAY more birthday presents! 



Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves
Publication date: March 28, 2017

Blood Rose Rebellion is pitched as the first in a new YA trilogy for fans of Red Queen

As one of those who enjoyed the ride of Red Queen but didn't really love it enough to pick up the second book, I can say I'm unsure about Blood Rose Rebellion. Especially since it seems to be going along the lines of the type of books I don't tend to really love anymore. 

Despite that, I always believed a great book is determined by its writing and characters. Which is why I'm always giving these type of books a chance.
One of them will be sure to stand out. 



Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
Publication date: March 28, 2017

This is a book I want to read from hype alone.
Everyone on Goodreads is raving all about it and it honestly makes me want to rave about it too.
But first, I must read it.
I hope I can say: "It was amazing!" like everyone else. 

This is an LGBT YA contemporary romance story.
I don't know much else about it other than how amazing everyone says it is! (: 

He smiled and looked away. "Sometimes I think we're the same person... but we just got accidently split into two before we were born." 



And this is it for my most anticipated books of March 2017!
What about you guys? Any books that could not come soon enough
for you this month?
Are you anticipating some of the books I am? Are there any I didn't mention
here?
Let me hear you rave all about them! (:
Also: have you any advice for what should I do on Magiverse for its blogiversary?
I'm clueless '^^
Until then...




"You're a storyteller. Dream up something wild and improbable," she pleaded. "Something beautiful and full of monsters."  
"Beautiful and full of monsters?"  
"All the best stories are."
         -- Strange the Dreamer, Laini Taylor 



7 comments:

  1. I have an ARC of Strange The Dreamer that I REALLY need to get too, haha. I also really really want to read Radio Silence because I've heard SO MANY good things. I'm interested in Nemesis too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, you have an ARC of Strange the Dreamer?! Lucky you! (:
      Don't feel too much pressure. It's always best to read a book when you want to read it.
      I hope you'll love it!

      Let's have a great bookish month this March shall we, Lauren? :D

      Delete
  2. I'm SOOOOO excited for Hunted, Strange the Dreamer and Blood Rose rebellion! 2017 is shaping up to be an awesome book year <33 Mostly really excited for Hunted! The premise is so interesting and the ARC reviews are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know! :D
      And it's only the beginning... just thinking about all these yet to be books makes me all excited (:

      I don't even think I ever read a Beauty & The Beast retelling.
      Looking forward to it ^^

      Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Uma! (:

      Delete
  3. Zoey!! Happy blogoversary! And Happy Birthday in advance <33
    I am looking forward to so many of these books, 2017 is so promising omg! Let's hope we get amazing books every year :) I am oh so excited for Strange The Dreamer, Hunted, Blood Rose Rebellion, Radio Silence, Goodbye Days, You're Welcome Universe and The Inexplicable Logic of My Life! unghh so many books, so little time!
    Prabhleen @ Booksarelife987

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prabhleen! Hey :D
      Thank you for the congratulations (:
      I know, right? so many book, so little time indeed '^^
      I hope we'll both love all of these books we're so anticipating ^__^
      Thank you so much for the wishes! (:

      Delete