Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Top 10 Kickass Female Protagonists




Ragen from PeruseProject literally just uploaded her 'top 10 kickass literary females' video.
Ever since doing the Top 10 things I would want with me during the Zombie Apocalypse, I've been wanting to do another one.
It's so much fun, don't you think? 


So here I am with my top 10 most kickass female protagonist (as of middle of 2016, because you know how things like that can change).
Shall we?



  1. Kady from Illuminae.
    If you haven't read Illuminae... where have you been the past year? It's the coolest book in creation. And Kady, let me tell you, is one hell of a kickass-sarcastic-fantastic protagonist. You do not want to miss her, trust me on this.
    This girl is *strong*. She never gives up and always - always - fights for what (and who) she believes in.
    Plus, did I mention it's the coolest book I ever read?

  2. Tess (Tessa\Theresa) from The Infernal devices. 
    I love Tess. she is a truly amazing, beautiful and strong character.
    She's strong willed, brave, always speaks her mind and never gives up.
    Her strength and will get her through anything.
    Whoever said a strong characters are necessarily physically strong? Tess is just as strong as every protagonist on this list.

  3. Cassie from The 5th Wave.
    I admire Cassie. The whole world basically went to hell yet she's still fighting. Still believes in the power of humanity.
    Everything and everyone she ever knew is either dead or captured, the world is ending and aliens are in control... a normal person would crumble. Not Cassie, never Cassie. She keeps her sarcasm to the maximum, never goes down without a fight and does everything in her power to get back what was taken from her.

  4. Juliette from Shatter Me.
    Juliette evolved so much from Shatter me to Ignite me. From a scared girl in a cell she became so strong and confident. She has so much power, so much strength (both physical and emotional), but in the beginning she was too afraid to anything about it. Once she started to control it, to understand it, Juliette has evolved. Igniting everything in her path.

  5. Rose from The Vampire Academy. 
    Ah, Rose. Amazing, strong, fantastic, sarcastic - did I mention strong? - Rose.
    Probably my most favorite of the list. What she goes through in the series... *shaking my head*. She's so strong, and I'm not talking just about physical strength (as you probably noticed).
    Read the books. I urge you.

     
  6. Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles. 
    Cinder is another example of a character who evolved. It makes it so much more believable when you see the character becoming strong, rather than being immediately invincible.
    Like Juliette, Cinder went from a scared girl to a strong, confident young woman.
    Looking back at Cinder from book 1 and comparing her to Cinder of book 4... wow, she went through so much.

     
  7.  Mac from the Fever series.
    I LOVE Mac. I know I said Rose is my favorite of the list but... no, I think it's Mac. Yes, dfinitely Mac.
    Mac brings 'kickass' and 'strong' to a whole new level. And did I mention sarcasm? Most of the girls on this list are extremely sarcastic.
    Mac also doesn't start as strong. Every book, she changes and evolves even more. She even jokes about it herself as she calls herself Mac 2.0 or Mac 1.0.
    Mac is truly amazing - her personality, her strength.
    You want to read this series, trust me.

  8. Sadie from The Kane Chronicles.
    Sadie is just plain fantastic. I love this girl. And she's only 14 - I can't even begin to imagine what she'll be like at 16. Probably both scary and amazing (Carter would agree with me on the scary part).
    For me, Sadie is by far the best female protagonist Rick has ever created.

     
  9. Katniss from The Hunger Games. 
     I tried, I really did, but I don't think it's possible to make a list of 'kickass female protagonists' without including Katniss in it.
    Me and Katniss may have our differences (and there are a lot of them), but I can't deny she belongs to this list.
    I mean, the girl did survived two hunger games, a world war, bombs and countless of other stuff.

  10. Lia from The Remnant ChroniclesAs of now, I only read The Kiss of deception. But I can already tell Lia is a strong girl. I wouldn't have guessed that at the beginning of the book. By the end of the book you're left opened mouthed, staring blankly at the pages, thinking: "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god". Inside of Lia the princess there is Lia the warrior. And I can't wait to meet her in the next book. 


What do you think of my list? Would you add anyone?
Feel free to do this fan Top 10 challenge (:
Coming soon: Top 10 kickass male protagonists.




"Destiny wasn't exciting or romantic or epic. It was annoying." 
-- Stealing Snow, Danielle Paige.  



4 comments:

  1. Fantastic list Zoey, I'm glad you said that not physically strong characters can also be strong. People always misunderstand that and it upsets me!
    I saw the movie for Vampire Academy and thought it was sort of fun, is that a good series overall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^^
      Yes, the most important thing for me in a protagonist is a strong will. Being strong from the inside is even more important than being strong on the outside.
      The Vampire Academy movie is very different than the book. I really liked the movie because it was so fun and funny and I think the actress who played Rose did a great job at capturing the character. If you liked the movie even a little, You'll absolutely love the books. The Vampire Academy series is a fantastic series. A must for you to read (:

      Delete
  2. LOVE this list! I haven't read all of these books/series, but Katniss is for sure! And YES to Lia!! And I agree with Kady (she was amazing on SO many levels) and Cassie- because if I were Cassie, I would have definitely ended up crying in the woods and being killed. No question. And Juliette DID change so, so much, I loved her growth! Cinder is another great choice, especially since she was up against SO much!

    Who would I add to my list? Hmmm. Vhalla from Air Awakens. Lee from Walk on Earth a Stranger, Olivia from The Cure For Dreaming... Sam from Rites of Passage, Rosa from The Woodlands, Jayden from Forbidden. SO many choices of amazing females!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there are just SO many. I had a hard time narrowing it down myself.
      THANK YOU! I'm so glad you loved it :D
      Katniss, Kady, Cassie, Juliette, Cinder... they are all just so *epic*, each in her own way.

      Wow, I don't know anyone or any book you just mentioned :O
      *going to check them out after this*

      Thanks again, Shannon! I was so glad to see your comment :D

      Delete